Monday, April 29, 2013
The changes will go into effect July 1, and include
- Changing the time limit to three hours for a practice during the first two weeks
- Walk-throughs are not permitted on the same day as two-a-days.
- Weekly practice time shall not exceed 24 hours for eighth through 14th day of practice
- Voluntary conditioning is recommended not to exceed three hours.
The board also made changes strictly to football:
- Helmets only the first two days of workout, with shoulder pads added on day three
- Full gear and contact begins on the sixth day
- Players must participate in six practices in order to be cleared for a game
- Deliberate body contact not allowed during the first five days of practice.
Posted by Bradenton Herald at 8:46 PM