Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Prep football: Palmetto's Randall commits to Louisville



Daqual Randall, a rising senior and a middle linebacker at Palmetto, has committed to Louisville.

"As of right now, I'm locked into Lousville," Randall said Tuesday after the Tigers finished second during the Gulf Coast FCA's 7-on-7 tournament at Braden River. "I like the coaches...they make you feel like family. I've got a former teammate up there (wide receiver Damian Copeland), I've got a couple of buddies from different states going up there. So that was just a good choice for me, and to get a chance to play early. They were thin at linebacker, so that really made me make my decision."

Randall received 13 Division I offers, and chose the Cardinals over the likes of Iowa State, Rutgers, USF, Indiana and Ball State.

Randall, who had 86 tackles and four sacks last season for the Tigers, has not taken any official visits, and said he only plans to do so if things fall through with Louisville.

"If anything goes wrong," Randall said, "I'll take visits to Iowa State, Indiana, Rutgers, Ball State and Mississippi State."

No comments:

Post a Comment