Monday, October 12, 2009

Blakely fielding offers

Mike Blakely is barely halfway done with his junior season.
But the Manatee playmaker has already received Division I scholarship offers from Clemson, USF and Syracuse, though he plans on taking his time before making a decison.
"I'm just waiting, because I'm still young," he said. "Hopefully, more colleges come after me."
Blakely scored three different ways Friday night - he returned a kickoff 91 yards, scored on a four-yard run and caught a 22-yard touchdown pass from Brion Carnes. Manatee defeated Sarasota 35-20 win in its Class 5A-District 10 opener.
While Blakely is keeping his college options open, he said Clemson has been his most impressive suitor thus far.
"Clemson's been showing me a lot of love," he said. "Plus, it's a great atmosphere."

No comments:

Post a Comment